This policy applies to all customers, contacts and agents of Four Chickens Pty Ltd (trading as Dine a Chook), as well as all users of our websites and social media.
Your personal information may be collected through the course of accessing the products and services offered by Four Chickens Pty Ltd, visiting our website, interacting through third-party platforms, including but not limited to social media, or otherwise communicating with us or our agents.
1. Identifiable personal information
Personal information may be collected when you:
- Initiate a purchase that is not completed
- Complete a purchase
- Use our website, chatbot, contact form or any other service or application offered by Four Chickens Pty Ltd or by another company on our behalf
- Contact us by phone, email, chatbot, social media, our contact form, in person or by any other means
- Create a customer account
- Initiate a return, exchange or warranty claim
- Review our products or services
- Subscribe to our mailing list or newsletter
- Agree to receive our newsletter when initiating a purchase
- Participate in any competitions, surveys, forums, webinars or other activities facilitated by Four Chickens Pty Ltd or on our behalf, through this website or any other medium
Personal information about you may also be provided by a third party, such as a delivery service or a third party platform. Any information provided by a third party may be added to the personal information we already hold and will be treated in accordance with this Policy.
Personal information may include:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your workplace, company or organisation
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your phone number(s)
- Your billing information
- Your social media details
- The name of any website you manage, own or contribute to
- Any other information that you willingly share in the course of accessing any of our products or services
Depending on your privacy settings, this information may be linked to other information collected when you visit our website, including your onsite behaviour, usage and purchase history.
The decision to provide us with your personal information, whether by our request or no, is entirely voluntary. However, if you choose not to supply requested information, you may not be able to place an order or otherwise take utilise the services we offer.
Your personal information may be used:
- To answer any requests or enquires directed by you to Four Chickens Pty Ltd or any of its representatives
- To process and deliver your order, including contacting you about your order
- For processing returns, exchanges and warranty claims
- To provide you with products or services, information regarding products you have purchased, further services or offers of service from Four Chickens Pty Ltd
- For administration and record-keeping
- For security or legal purposes
- For business development and other internal business purposes
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Our employees
- Contractors, consultants and any other third party service providers or platforms (or their employees and representatives) hired or used to provide services of any nature to Four Chickens Pty Ltd or any of its employees
- Delivery companies
- Companies that offer goods or services through Four Chickens Pty Ltd
- Any parties as required by law, e.g. police, law enforcement agencies, taxation agencies etc
- Banking institutions and credit agencies
While we may share your personal information with third party service providers, including our data management and marketing providers, for our own legitimate business purposes, we will never sell your personal information.
Four Chickens Pty Ltd also reserves the right to use and share your information in the following circumstances:
- In the course of investigating and addressing technical and security issues
- Where criminal activity is suspected, on your account or on the part of another user, including, but not limited to, fraud, illegal payment, data mining, hacking, copyright infringement, identity theft, harassment etc
- Where it is required in legal proceedings
Your personal information will be kept for as long as is reasonable for the purposes described in this Policy. It may also be kept for a period as required to conduct business functions such as auditing and complaint resolution, or for a period as required by law.
Should you wish your personal information to be updated or deleted, please contact us as detailed below.
In some States, you may also have the right to limit certain uses or disclosures of your information. If you wish to do so, please contact us as detailed below.
2. Non-identifiable information
When you visit our website or communicate with us, certain, non-personally-identifiable data about your visit may be automatically collected us and/or our service providers. This data may be stored and/or accessed on/from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device whenever you visit our site or communicate with us.
This data consists of, but is not limited to:
- The time and duration of your visit
- Your domain name or IP address
- Your device, browser and operating system details, including unique identification numbers
- Your internet service provider or mobile phone carrier
- The pages you visit and any links you follow, to, within or from our website
- How you found our website
- Location data (if enabled)
- Certain other device data
This information is not personally identifiable but may identify your browser or device.
Non-identifiable information may be collected and/or stored in the following ways:
- General tracking information regarding the web-pages visited is collected from all website visitors and aggregated for analytic and marketing purposes.
- As with most websites, cookies are used to improve the functionality of Four Chickens Pty Ltd websites. Cookies are an element of code stored on your browser that allows the website to recognise you when you return. Cookies can be used to identify your device and browser. Where you have created an account or registered with our website, your cookies may identify you with personal information previously provided to us.
- Other non-identifiable information may be collected when you visit our website or otherwise contact us. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of web beacons.
Where you have provided us with personal information, for example by creating an account, placing an order or joining our mailing list, some non-identifiable information, such as your browsing history, may be linked to your personal information, such as your email address or account, and used for marketing or analytic purposes.
Depending on your privacy settings and your preferences on various third party platforms, including, but not limited to, Google and Facebook, non-personally-identifiable data may also link to your email address or social media accounts. These account details are not shared or collected by us, they are matched with data already available to the third party providers. Where your privacy settings and preferences allow, your non-identifiable information may be used for marketing purposes including targeted advertising, remarketing and analytics services. We are not responsible for the use of your non-identifiable or personal information by third parties, even where they are engaged to provide us with a service. Third parties have their own Privacy Policies and opt out processes which can be accessed through their websites.
Your non-identifiable information may be aggregated and used by or shared with our third party service providers, including, but not limited to, marketing agencies, social media platforms, email marketing platforms and analytics providers, for the purposes of providing more relevant services and advertisements. Aggregated information may also be used by Four Chickens Pty Ltd, or one of our service providers, for research and development, website improvement and troubleshooting, planning or other business purposes.
Choosing not to allow the collection of non-identifiable information may interfere with the functionality of our website or your ability to access our products or services.
By using or accessing any products or services, including subscribing to our mailing list or newsletter, or entering any competition, you are giving the following permissions:
- Your personal information and non-identifiable data may be collected, stored and used by Four Chickens Pty Ltd
- Four Chickens Pty Ltd may contact you in relation to orders placed, other customer service matters, enquiries, notifications, customer research, promotion, marketing and any other reasonable business purposes
- Your personal information may be shared with third party service providers and platforms for legitimate business purposes
When you subscribe to our mailing list, enter a competition, submit a contact form, place an order, whether completed or no, or provide your personal information through another means, you agree that Four Chickens Pty Ltd may contact you by email, mail, phone or social media, directly or through a third party, regarding our products and services, including, but not limited to, details relating to your order and marketing.
4. Mailing list
5. Third party service providers
We may use third party service providers to assist us in business operations, database management, packing and dispatching orders, hosting our website, designing or operating the website, tracking analytics, marketing, performing administrative tasks, banking or any other services. Third party service providers include third party platforms such as banking apps, social media and our reviews system.
Where a third party is engaged to provide a service to the user directly or to Four Chickens Pty Ltd, that third party, including its employees and contractors, may be given permissions to collect, use or store your personal information. Where we must share your information in order to utilise a third party service, for example to ship your order, we will provide only the minimum amount of your personal information required. By using our website or engaging our services in any other way, you agree to your information being collected, used or stored by third party service providers or platforms.
Where a third party handles user information, even if engaged by Four Chickens Pty Ltd to provide a service, Four Chickens Pty Ltd is absolved of any responsibility or liability for their privacy practices and the way that they may collect, use, disclose or otherwise treat your personal information. Four Chickens Pty Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the use of your personal information by third parties, whether incurred in the course of business with Four Chickens Pty Ltd or not.
6. User generated content
User generated content refers to any communication you direct to us. You may submit user generated content in the form of ideas, photos, videos, audio material, speech, text including blog posts, chat content, emails and testimonials, social media posts including status updates, shared content, reels and photos, and multimedia texts, to Four Chickens Pty Ltd through the website, social media, email, reviews or via another means of communication. Some user generated content may include personal information including, but not limited to, name and likeness.
By submitting any user generated content to us, including at our request, you agree that you are the sole owner of any content and have the right to share that content with Four Chickens Pty Ltd for the purposes outlined below.
You agree for your user generated content, including identifying information, to be used or handled in the following ways:
Any user generated content submitted to Four Chickens Pty Ltd, including at our request, may be stored, displayed, published, distributed or otherwise used by Four Chickens Pty Ltd or any other third party engaged by us, online or offline, whole or in part, independently or with other content, with or without attribution to the creator, in any form and through any medium, including a third party platform. We may also publish your name, likeness, voice and any other personal information that is part of your user generated content or provided with your content, and may use this content for advertising, marketing and other promotional activities. By agreeing to us publishing your content, you agree not to hold us responsible or liable should others make use of your content or personal information without our express permission.
Depending on how you share your user generated content with us, others may have access to the content. We take no responsibility for how others use information that you make public, including your personal information, even where the information was made public through communication with us, for example by posting on our social media.
7. Safety and security
It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that their personal information is kept safe. In the case of unauthorised use of personal information implicating Four Chickens Pty Ltd, such as credit card fraud, the user agrees to notify the company as soon as possible and within 3 days of the unauthorised use being discovered.
While we have taken reasonable precautions, including the use of an SSL certificate, the encryption of information and password-protected servers, no data transmission, storage or processing method is completely secure. Any information provided to us is done so at your own risk.
The user agrees to negate any responsibility on the part of Four Chickens Pty Ltd should personal information held by the company be compromised in any way, whether or not this breach is the result of negligence on our part or the part of a third party service provider. Four Chickens Pty Ltd is not liable for any loss or damages resulting from this breach.
8. Location of information
Four Chickens Pty Ltd is based in Australia. However, we may share your personal information with employees, agents and third party service providers located outside of Australia in the course of doing business. This means that your information may be transferred to, or maintained on, computers located outside of your State/Country of residence and that data protection laws may be different in this location. You agree to these transfers.
9. Complaints, enquiries, withdrawal of permissions and alterations
Users may contact this email to:
- Access their personal information, as held by the company
- Update their details
- Opt out of our email list and other communications
- Update email preferences, for example to opt out of marketing emails
- Request that we remove your information from our records
California residents have special rights with regard to their data. They can use the contact email to request information about the use of their data or to opt out of certain usages of their information.
This website is not directed at children. However, if we become aware that a child has shared personal information with us, we will delete this information immediately. If you are aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we can remove this information from our databases.
Users may request removal of their personal information at any time. On request, personal information will be erased, where reasonable and where it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected. However, Four Chickens Pty Ltd reserves the right to retain non-personally-identifiable information, as permitted by law, and such information as is necessary for security, legal and record keeping purposes.
Public postings and information shared through third party platforms, such as social media, may not be able to be removed by Four Chickens Pty Ltd.
10. Alterations and amendments
Four Chickens Pty Ltd reserves the right to alter this policy, as well as any other, at any time in any way deemed appropriate and permitted by law. Alterations and amendments will be effective from the time of their publication by Four Chickens Pty Ltd on this website or through any other appropriate means.
11. Key terms
Products or services: Any and all products or services offered by Four Chickens Pty Ltd in the course of conducting business, whether provided by the company or by an external entity on our behalf. Products and services include, but are not limited to: this website; any other website owned, operated or used by Four Chickens Pty Ltd (e.g. the Dine a Chook blog, Dine a Chook social media); any scripts or applications that operate as part of these websites including those belonging to third-party platforms (e.g. shopping cart, Paypal, chat-bot, contact form); any content made available through the website, blog, mailing list, download, in print or any other medium; any contact between Four Chickens Pty Ltd or its representatives and any user; any competition run by Four Chickens Pty Ltd, or any of its agents or partners, on any platform; and chicken feeders, drinkers, and other goods available for purchase.
Four Chickens Pty Ltd (we, our, the company): The company, including any of its employees, agents or representatives, trading under the name of Dine a Chook or any other name or trademark.
User: Any user of the products or services offered by Four Chickens Pty Ltd, whether or not they have made a purchase or contacted the company directly. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, a user may be a mailing list subscriber or any visitor, transient or otherwise, to this website or any other website owned, operated or used by Four Chickens Pty Ltd or any other person who makes contact with Four Chickens Pty Ltd through any other means.
Third party service providers: Third party service providers are any service provider engaged by Four Chickens Pty Ltd to provide a service, including but not limited to marketing and analytics services, and including third party platforms such as website hosts, applications such as chat-bot and Paypal, social media platforms, databases and email marketing services.
Mailing list: Our mailing list is a list of the email addresses of people who have consented to receive communications from Four Chickens Pty Ltd (trading as Dine a Chook). Communications may take the form of emails, newsletters or other messages, depending on your preferences and privacy settings. Content may include information, advice, offers of service, marketing or remarketing, company information and product updates. Mailing list subscribers may also be contacted in the course of market research or to provide feedback on our products and services. You may opt out of our mailing list or update your preferences at any time, by following the link included in all mailing list communications.